REAL ESTATE LITIGATION
We, represent owners, developers, secured lenders, loan participants, government bodies, bondholders, borrowers, landlords, tenants. We work closely with our clients in identification of their objectives and assist in formulating strategic and tactical objectives, and provide clear, proactive and practical advice. We represent our clients in disputes involving-
- Purchase or sale contracts including acquisition, specific performance and other fraud/mistake claims
- Mortgage on secured loans including foreclosure, receivership, guaranty enforcement and disbursement issues, as well as lender liability and bad faith claims
- Loan participations and other co-ownership arrangements, including inter-creditor agreement and agent disputes
- Public financing of, and public-private partnerships relating to, infrastructure, low-income housing, and other governmentally supported projects
- Management and operating agreements, including resort, hotel and shopping center operator issues, as well as common area maintenance and other reconciliation issues
- Ownership structures and Title matters
- Commercial leases, including eviction and forcible ejectment actions.
- Major construction disputes, including subsidence, excavation, general contractor and subcontractor disputes
- Labour and employment matters
This multidisciplinary approach and broad experience translates into efficient and highly effective handling of clients’ real estate issues and disputes before, during, and after they result in litigation or other formal dispute resolution.
We also assist our clients in interpretation of leases, covenant enforcement, tenant renewals, rent review, notices, easement and covenant disputes, service charge disputes, boundary disputes.
We draft and negotiate various kinds of agreements and contracts related to real estate and construction contracts including Concession Agreement, EPC contracts, Maintenance Agreements, Mortgage, Pledge and Hypothecation Agreements, Guarantee Deeds, Asset Purchase Agreement, business conducting agreements, Escrow Agreement, etc.
We also negotiate, implement and review investment agreements, land purchase agreements, lease deeds, licence agreements, sale deeds, agreement to sell, and pre-emptive right agreements.
We have expertise in drafting work orders, purchase orders, letters of intent related to construction. We also deal in necessary documentation for joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, development of townships and establishing SEZ’s. We also conduct property title searches and due diligence.