We at KKLA provide services in all laws and regulations related to labour and employment, industrial relations including enactments such as Industrial Dispute Act 1947, Trade Union Act 1926, Minimum Wages Act 1948, Payment of Wages Act 1936, Factories Act 1948, Payment of Bonus Act 1965, Equal Remuneration Act 1976, Payment of Gratuity Act 1972, Workmen’s Compensation Act 1923 etc.
At KKLA we render advice and services related to the following:
- Employment laws, labour laws and industrial relations.
- Disciplinary proceedings, Employees Rights, Employment and service contracts, Labour disputes and Industrial actions, safety legislation, Provident fund, statutory benefits and trade disputes.
- Advise and assist in complying with employment laws and labour laws.
- Advise and assist in implementation, monitoring and enforcement of policies dealing with sexual harassment, discrimination, employee privacy and family and medical leave.
- Advise and assist in wage and hour issues, collective bargaining, interpretation of work rules, grievances and industrial disputes under the labour laws.
- Advise and assist in compliance with labour and tax implications of cross-border movement of executive level employees.
- Advise and assist in Draft employment agreements, appointment letters and offer letters for consultants, termination agreements, non-competition agreements and non disclosure agreements concerning confidentiality, etc.
- Advice and assist in design implement and administer all types of employee benefits and executive compensation programs and pension plan and advice on all aspects of legislative, regulatory and fiscal requirements.
- Advise, assist and represent our clients in disputes under employment laws relating to employment benefits, housing, group insurance (health, dental, life etc.), disability income protection, retirement benefits, social security, and other specialized benefits.
- Advise and assist in managing the employment effects of major corporate restructurings and transactions and provide legal advice on employment and human capital issues that occur in major merger and acquisition activities, as well as post-acquisition integrations.
- Draft and conduct audits on trade secret protection issues.
- Draft Employment Standing Orders and advice on Employee Provident Fund (EPF) under the Employee Provident Fund Act, Gratuity Act, etc.
- Advice and assist on EPF with respect to international workers.
- Draft legal notices on behalf of companies as well as employees with respect to employment.
- Advise, assist and represent clients in industrial relations matters such as strike, lockout, retrenchment, settlement, closure of establishment etc.; conditions of employment such as transfer, promotion, increment, industry-cum-region basis payment, bonus etc.; termination of service matters such as discharge simplicitor, dismissal by way of punishment etc.
- Represent clients in disciplinary matters with respect to dismissal on various charges of misconduct related to duty, discipline and moral e.g. absenteeism, go slow, riotous behaviour, theft, moral turpitude, loss of confidence as well as drafting show cause notices, charge sheets, conducting inquiries, advising disciplinary action etc.
- Represent clients in Contract Labour Related such as claim of contract labour for regularization etc.
- Represent clients in respect of claims of wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment and whistleblower actions.
- Draft original suits and petitions, interlocutory applications, criminal complaints, legal notices, consumer complaints and complaints relating to monopolistic and restrictive trade practices.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in litigation matters involving class actions, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, individual employment contracts, and work-related tort claims. We have also defended employers in arbitrations and grievance hearings, and in other